NEW - LOGISTICS SPECIALIST FOR WINE INDUSTRY SUPPLIER
LOGISTICS -- Leader in oak with decades of experience in the wine business is seeking a logistics professional to handle all warehouse and logistics functions based out of their Fairfield location. This is a dynamic role with lots of variety and professional team. The company offers a generous salary, bonus, an excellent benefits plan.
· Oversee all logistic activities related to domestic deliveries, importing/exporting of all barrels and oak alternatives
· Responsible for scheduling shipment of all barrels/oak alternatives to customers, domestic and export.
· Responsible for scheduling third party common carriers for pick up and delivery.
· Responsible for management, printing, creation of all documentation that is required to trucking companies/customers.
· Assist warehouse staff with prioritizing orders that need to ship, hand off picking tickets, labels, and follow up with team members to ensure orders are completed in a timely manner.
· Communication with customers for arrangement of delivery dates and appointments.
· Proper communication with sales team as needed as to shipments, priorities and status
· Coordinate schedule of shipment loading with warehouse staff and trucking companies
· Responsible for processing shipments in ERP system, Navision, perform inventory movements for sales orders.
· Assist in receiving inventory into our ERP software system, Microsoft NAV
· Ensure accurate and on-time shipping documents are delivered daily to accounting for invoicing.
· Responsible for pulling open orders reports daily to coordinate deliveries
· Manage barrel orders to France and communicate with French office to ensure accurate confirmations and on-time shipments
· Monthly reconciliation with French office on sales from barrels made at French manufacturing sites. Feedback to French team on container arrival and conditions.
· Assist in physical inventory count and reconcile any discrepancies
· Previous experience in logistics and warehouse environment, knowledge of the wine business a plus
· Attention to detail
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills
· Excellent computer skills with MS Office, database software
· Organized, self-starter with initiative who can work independently
· Ability to multi-task and complete multiple projects on a deadline
· Ability to work under pressure and be flexible
· Ability to motivate, achieve results and teach others
· Proactively identify business needs, ability to prioritize