NEW! ACCOUNT MANAGER FOR BARRELS - PACIFIC NORTHWEST TERRITORY
Our Company is well known as a product leader and as well as innovator with our R&D department to be on leading edge of oak products for wine and spirits. This position will work remotely in the Pacific Northwest to cover areas of Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Idaho.
This Sales Account Manager will be responsible to marketing and selling barrels and alternative products. This position reports to the GM for barrel sales and the Alternatives Sales Manager for Alternatives sales.
Responsibilities: Responsible for barrel, alternatives and large container sales into the assigned territory Meeting and exceeding yearly sales goals Managing existing customers with in person visits and tastings to determine product performance Develop long-term relationships with accounts to increase business Customer visits each year with General Manager and other visitors from France Develop new business by prospection, in-person visits and customer referrals Feedback to management on product performance and customer feedback Develop yearly forecast plans on potential sales volumes
Requirements: 2-4 Years previous sales experience in the wine business and barrel or oak sales experience preferred Preference of residence in one of the assigned wine regions Knowledge of oak and cooperage process a plus Ability to work independently with strong drive to succeed, strong personal motivation Knowledge of winemaking process and use of oak in wine Ability to travel in the assigned territory with overnight travel required, travel into Canada Strong interpersonal and networking skills Excellent organization and communication skills Good negotiation skills Ability to work as part of a team
NEW! Account Manager for Growing Barrel Company
Two well-established French cooperages are merging sales organizations to create comprehensive coverage of North America into the future. We are looking for an experienced sales professional from the greater industry to represent the two brands primarily in Sonoma County with coverage of Washington State. The job offers autonomy but with that requires self-motivation and a professional work ethic. This position reports to a local manager who can offer sales support as needed.
With one cooperage located in Burgundy and the other in the Bordeaux area, there is opportunity in a wide variety of accounts. There will be a good amount of established business to manage alongside achievable growth goals. Exposure to sensory evaluation and wine production knowledge is highly preferred.
Weekly activity consists of ongoing contact with clients and target customers– in person and via email, phone, etc. The key of the position is to build trust and foster relationships. The product, support, and organization are strong, so the candidate is well-positioned to do so.
§ Knowledge of Sonoma County wine industry
§ Ability to attend trade shows and industry events
§ Identify and develop new customers and sales opportunities in the desired territory.
§ Ability to entertainment is part of the process, hosting regular lunches, arranging tastings, and supporting client events are expected activities.
§ Experience tasting wine, good sensory skills
§ Experience managing current accounts as well as developing new business
§ Ability to work autonomously with strong time management and organizational skills
§ Responsible for ongoing contact with customers via phone, email and in person
§ Experience in sales environment with proven results
§ Ability to travel throughout designated sales territory as required
§ Strong communication and interpersonal skills
§ Ability to assist with sales and marketing campaigns as directed
In return, this is an exceptional opportunity to work with a tenured and professional sales team and represent highly regarded wine barrels. We offer a competitive compensation plan with salary and generous bonus structure. Vehicle stipend is also offered as part of the compensation. Computer, cell phone, and home office items will also be covered.
MARKETING MANAGER FOR LEADING PACKAGING COMPANY
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Marketing Manager is responsible for establishing and implementing strategic and tactical communications plans designed to capitalize on market opportunities and generate demand. Our Marketing Manager will build a creative, integrated, multichannel marketing plan that builds brand awareness and reputation, provides a steady flow of sales leads, and measures the return on the marketing program investments. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and have impeccable communication & leadership skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develop a comprehensive and aligned strategic marketing plan.
• Implement strategic plan with assistance of project managers.
• Manage marketing budget for all staffing, tradeshows, industry events and advertising.
• Evaluate new media technologies and social media opportunities.
• Manage the creation of all marketing materials and sales support tools.
• Be accountable for measuring and reporting on marketing outcomes and campaign results.
• Perform market segmentations, targeting & positioning for each product line.
• Execute integrated online/offline, search engine marketing, advertising, public relations, tradeshows and other campaigns to generate demand & sales leads.
• Work directly with Sales to support their efforts.
• Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objective, market characteristics, and cost of markup factors.
• Coordinate and participate in promotional activities and tradeshows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers, to market products and services.
• Maintain knowledge of marketing trends, developments, and best practices. CRITICAL
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), in Marketing or related field
• 2+ Years Marketing Experience
• Experience in the packaging or wine industry highly desirable