Position Summary: Responsible for technical sales, including the promotion, sale, and support of products and services to the beverage accounts in the North Bay Region of California. Primary territory would be Sonoma, Mendocino, Lake Counties as well as some customers in San Francisco. Beverage accounts include winery, brewing distillery, and juice accounts plus any other industry allied accounts.
Develop new business and maintain existing business in the prescribed territory. This is achieved through direct and regular contact with the customer base to introduce and sell new products, maintain the sales of current products, and provide the necessary technical support to satisfy the customer.
Become proficient in Company product line and customers’ processes.
Identify and develop new customers and sales opportunities in the territory.
Forecast sales for the territory and achieve performance goals.
Prepare quotes and technical information. Create special programs to meet the customer needs.
Conduct on sight production and laboratory trials as required.
Interface with suppliers, R&D, other sales people, customer service and distributors to support trials, experiments, marketing requirements and sales to customers as required.
Assist in the development and implementation of general marketing campaigns as required.
Assist with product development.
Assist with technical seminars for customers and academic programs as required.
Assist with anything else that comes under the scope of general sales and marketing.
BS/MS in fermentation/food science or suitable experience, with an understanding of basic chemistry/microbiology.
5+ years experience in sales or selling environment, with a strong commercial sense and effective selling, negotiating and closing skills.
Our company considers that service and quality are key elements of its growth, our site ambition is to grow fast in the US market thanks to existing and innovative products. In this matter, the Field Technical Service (FTS) dedicated to customer assistance is very well recognized and appreciated by the market. The purpose of this new position is to have a permanent and local service for the US market and to support the American FTS team.
• Support the sales team on new business opportunities: Customer line assessments and build confidence in the actual value proposition brought by Technical Service
• Technical assistance to customer through preventive and curative interventions.
• Electrical and PLC basics allowing to intervene in the machine
• Mechanical: Ability to read and understand machine and part layouts. Ability to detect mechanical issues and build solution
• Ability to build efficient and confident relations with Customers, Sales team and plants
• Rigorous and scientific approach of the cases, strong analysis capacity
• Strong autonomy and natural reporting to the management
• Experience with Salesforce
• Computer savvy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
QUALIFICATIONS – EXPERIENCE
• Graduated from technical training school or equivalent in Mechanics and/or Electricity or equivalent experience
• Experience in a position gathering technical intervention and customer relation
• 2 years of experience in wine, bottling, glass or packaging industry