Highly regarded Cooperage is seeking a dynamic outside sales professional to work with winemakers across the Central Coast territory which covers Temecula north to Monterey County. Ideally the candidate will reside in Paso Robles or SLO. We are seeking a sales professional with 1-3 years of outside sales experience which includes both account management and new business development. Exposure to sensory evaluation and wine production knowledge is highly preferred.
We are seeking a self-motivated and personable professional to manage a strong existing book of clients but with a keen focus on growth. Some wine skills are important but some training available for the right candidate. The role offers management support on a regular basis; however this is mostly an autonomous position where the individual will work independently and will have experience working under this type of structure either currently or in the past. Weekly activity consists of ongoing contact with clients and target customers– in person and via email, phone, etc. Entertainment is part of the process, so hosting regular lunches, arranging tastings, and supporting client events are normal activities. The key of the position is to build trust and foster relationships. The product, support, and organization are strong, so the candidate is well-positioned to do so.
Compensation includes a base salary plus commissions and bonus, computer, phone, mileage reimbursement, comprehensive health insurance.
Our company considers that service and quality are key elements of its growth, our site ambition is to grow fast in the US market thanks to existing and innovative products. In this matter, the Field Technical Service (FTS) dedicated to customer assistance is very well recognized and appreciated by the market. The purpose of this new position is to have a permanent and local service for the US market and to support the American FTS team.
• Support the sales team on new business opportunities: Customer line assessments and build confidence in the actual value proposition brought by Technical Service
• Technical assistance to customer through preventive and curative interventions.
• Electrical and PLC basics allowing to intervene in the machine
• Mechanical: Ability to read and understand machine and part layouts. Ability to detect mechanical issues and build solution
• Ability to build efficient and confident relations with Customers, Sales team and plants
• Rigorous and scientific approach of the cases, strong analysis capacity
• Strong autonomy and natural reporting to the management
• Experience with Salesforce
• Computer savvy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
QUALIFICATIONS – EXPERIENCE
• Graduated from technical training school or equivalent in Mechanics and/or Electricity or equivalent experience
• Experience in a position gathering technical intervention and customer relation
• 2 years of experience in wine, bottling, glass or packaging industry