Due to continued growth, our winery is looking for an Assistant Vineyard Manager to work alongside the Vineyard Manager at the family’s 10 acre estate vineyard and winery in Sebastopol, CA. The winery produces a range of Russian River chardonnays and pinot noirs. The Assistant Manager position is a hands-on role, focused on performing daily vineyard tasks, including cultivation, suckering and shoot thinning, leaf removal, trellis maintenance, irrigation and frost protection, replanting and harvesting. Hours vary according to the season and will include some weekend and nighttime work.
·Work with the Vineyard Manager to execute farming plan in accordance with production and winemaking guidance
·Assist and work with vineyard contractors/seasonal workers as directed by vineyard Manager
·Assist with record keeping for crop and historical farm date including labor, water, pesticides, and yields
·Acquire and maintain a current CA Pesticide Applicator’s License (if appropriate)
·Assist with property maintenance, including agricultural buildings and storage areas
·Degree in Viticulture
·Functional Spanish and English both verbal and written
·Must possess a valid CA DMV driver’s license with clean driving record
·Minimum 1 year experience in vineyard or farming operation
·Must be able to lift and move loads up to 50 pounds
Full body mobility; standing, sitting , climbing stairs and ladders
·A strong and proven work ethic
·Must be self starting and reliable
·Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
·Ability to work weekend and holidays as needed
TECHNICAL SALES REPRENTATIVE
The Sales Representative is in charge of promoting Company’s full range of products and services to winemakers in the assigned territory. The primary goal of the position is to add value to customers by optimizing the winemaking process through products and analytical services, while optimizing profitability for the company. The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for the revenues generated by the sales of all the products and services in their list of clients and to analyze current company clients and new prospects.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must have regular and reliable attendance and be able to perform each essential function from the list below satisfactorily. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending internal trainings, educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participates in relevant professional organizations
· Represents the Company in a professional manner with all contacts and customers
·Obtains and records information about the customer,
· Identifies market trends and provides input for development and improvement
·Collect, enter and analyze market and customers information used to define new strategies and optimize sales
·Collects information about competitors, namely about pricing, promotional offers and market presence and perception
Self-sufficiently organizes daily work schedule
·Provides quarterly revisions of major inventory needs
·Utilizes internal resources including technical staff, literature, support documents, etc.
·Assists customers with in-house product trials
·Provides customer service for supply order entry, order tracking, and product support
·Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
·Reports customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions and making recommendations to management
· Provides input on ways to better achieve sales targets
·Participates, as requested by the company, in Industry events & other trainings.
·Provides back-up to other Technical Sales Representatives
·Excellent customer service skills
·Effective verbal and written communication skills
·Knowledge of methods for prospecting new customers
·Ability to identify customer needs and strong closing skills
·Ability to deal effectively with others and excellent interpersonal skills
·Ability to manage priorities and workflow
·Ability to work independently and as part of a team
·Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
·Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
·Excellent work ethic
·Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
·Minimum one year of sales experience in the wine industry
·BS in Enology, Food Science or related field
·Work experience in a winery production and/or laboratory setting
Strong computer skills
·Current drivers license
·Available to travel extensively within and outside the assigned region
· Available to spend time overnight to attend meetings, events and training. This could require staying away for the weekend.
Top 10 Reasons Our Candidates Partner With Recruiting Associates Network:
1. Career consultation. Includes a skill set assessment, marketability, evaluation of your needs/wants, motivations and criteria for change.
2. Trust based relationship. We are your career consultant.
3. Resume assessment. Providing current formats, tips and enhancements for your portfolio.
4. Interview preparation. We provide information which will maximize your skiills and expertise when interviewing.
5. Salary negotiation. We will assist with the negotiation and reception of the best offer - even if it is one that you have received based on your own activity.
6. Complete confidentiality.
7. Greater exposure to the marketplace including our top-tier clients. 8. Thourough briefs and debriefs which will increase your success in the hiring process.
9. Communication that is open and honest in nature. You'll always know where you stand with us and where you are in the process.
10. We saved the best for last...our service is at NO FINANCIAL OBLIGATION TO YOU.
REMEMBER - WE OFFER A REFERRAL BONUS FOR ANY CANDIDATE THAT IS PLACED IN A FULL TIME, PERMANENT POSITION THROUGH RECRUITING ASSOCIATES NETWORK. If you know of someone who could benefit from our services, make the referral and earn $$$.